New South Wales Health has issued a warning to passengers who travelled on board a regional flight out of Sydney as the state records seven new local cases on Christmas Day.
- Passengers on board a Rex flight must immediately get tested and self-isolate for 14 days
- Hundreds of residents, particularly in the northern beaches, are in isolation over Christmas
- Multiple bus routes into the Sydney CBD over the past week have been alerted by NSW health
People on the Rex flight from Sydney to Griffith on the 21st of December have been identified as close contacts.
Flight ZL6469 departed at 2:10pm and landed at 4:20pm.
Authorities say anyone who was on board must immediately get tested and self-isolate for 14 days.
Testing is available at Griffith Base Hospital.
People who went to Chicago Jones Coffee and Chocolate Maison in Auburn between 2:50pm and 4:00pm on Sunday, December 20, have also been identified as close contacts.
Anyone who attended the venue at last Sunday between 2:50pm-4:00pm is considered a close contact.(Facebook: Chicago Jones Coffee & Chocolate Maison)
Hundreds of residents, particularly in the northern beaches, are in isolation over Christmas.
Rain also kept people away from beaches and at home on Christmas Day.
Catch up on the main COVID-19 news from December 25 with our coronavirus blog.
Officials urged social distancing at gatherings, cutting down on Boxing Day shopping and getting tested.
“I do not think anyone is having a normal Christmas today across NSW,” Premier Gladys Berejiklian said.
“Make sure you think very carefully about all the activities you are undertaking.”
The NSW Premier has urged people to limit activity in Sydney’s CBD on Boxing Day (Photo: AAP).
Modified restrictions remain in place for the northern beaches region until after Boxing Day.
NSW Health issued more alerts for new venues and transport routes attended by a confirmed case of COVID-19 on Christmas Day.
Anyone who attended the following venues at the following times is a casual contact who must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received:
- Oliver Brown, Crows Nest: Monday, December 21, 10:00am10:30am
- Anytime Fitness, Belrose: Wednesday, December 9, 9:30am11:30am; Friday, December 11, 9.45am11.30am; Saturday, December 12, 9.30am11.30am; Monday, December 14, 9.30am11.30 am; Friday December 18, 9:30am11:30am.
- Sappho Books CafÃ© and Bar, Glebe: Sunday, December 20, 11:00am12:30pm
- Hipster Clothing Store, Burwood: Saturday, December 19, 8:00am6:00pm
- CafÃ© Bodrum, Auburn: Monday, December 21, 2:00pm2:30pm
- Central Park Food Court, Chippendale: Thursday, December 17, 5:00pm6:00pm
Anyone who attended the following venue at the following times should monitor for symptoms and immediately get tested and isolate if they appear:
- Auburn Redyard Entertainment Centre: Sunday, December 20, 4:00pm5:00pm
- Star Nails, Rose Bay: Sunday December 20, 12:15pm1:00pm
- QVB Sydney, Santa Photos, Level 3: Wednesday, December 23, 10:15am11:00am
Public transport alerts
Multiple bus routes travelling into the Sydney CBD have been identified.(Supplied: Transport NSW)
If you travelled on bus route 200 on Tuesday, December 15, between 7:20am-7:41am, from TAFE St Leonards to the Royal Botanic Gardens, you should get tested immediately and self-isolate until you receive a negative result.
People who travelled on bus route 200 on Tuesday, December 15, between 5:36pm-6:10pm from the Royal Botanic Gardens to St Leonards for at least 30 minutes are considered close contacts must get tested and self-isolate for 14 days regardless of the result.
Read more about coronavirus:
Those who were on the bus for less than 30 minutes should get tested immediately and self-isolate until you receive a negative result.
Travellers on these bus routes should monitor for symptoms and immediately get tested and isolate if they appear:
- 431: Sunday, December 20, 10:48am-11:02am, Castlereagh St before Bathurst Street, Sydney Glebe Public School, Glebe Point Rd, Glebe
- 325: Sunday, December 20, 4:30pm-4:41pm Stand G, Town Hall Station, Park St Bayswater Rd before Beach Rd
- 324: Sunday, December 20, 10:30am-10:45am New South Head Rd opp New Beach Rd Stand J, Town Hall Station, Park St
New advice for Avalon Beach RSL Club
Health advice has changed for one date and time at the Avalon Beach RSL Club.
People who attended the venue on Sunday, December 13, 8:30pm9:15pm should get tested immediately and self-isolate until you receive a negative result.
All NSW testing clinics will remain open on Christmas Day and all public holidays.
What you need to know about coronavirus: